Edu – taining is the new buzzword and Traveller Kids follows it quite well. Variety, bright colors, quality, great learning & loads of activities is what I’d expected before I could open this little activity box and let me tell you almost all my expectations were met. With a host of activities to choose from our kids will be kept occupied for quite a bit. This box can be more fun if your kids have friends over, because there are a few activities like the spell buzz and bingo which involve more than 2 or 3 players. I advise one elder person to be present while the kids are at play so that they can be well guided and understand the true essence of the box to be able to make the box more enjoyable and something to learn from.
The Traveller Kids boxes have a specific country theme and provide extensive learning in creative and fun ways about that particular country through 9 to 10 different activities.
Here’s a picture of their Starters Kit:
For example we tried out the Traveller Kids Box themed: Atlas Goes to the USA, which included interesting facts about the USA to learn from: The culture, food, monuments, its people and discoveries through a host of activities designed especially for kids to learn in a fun way:
Games: spell buzz and bingo with a twist,
Craft: making a 3D Statue of Liberty, Halloween & Thanks giving craft
Interactive toys: Constellation toy (blue in picture) which has holes in punched in a round shaped plastic sheet in the pattern of the particular constellation and when you flash a flash light behind it in complete darkness you can see the constellation. Something that impressed us!!
Other than that as I told you get a Visa, Boarding Pass, a sticker sheet a giant baseball hand and most importantly an interactive book full of interesting facts about USA cluttered with activities like puzzles, crosswords, mathematical activities, interesting pictures and so much more to learn from.
What we liked:
- Kids get a hands on feel of little things which could actually give them knowledge about interesting facts thus improving their reasoning, logic and GK. For example: The box included an Air Ticket, a Visa and a Post Card with bright colours.
- Kids will be kept engaged in meaningful learning through activities and games so mommies don’t worry this box is safe for kids to spend time with for hours together.
- The variety is something that kept me interested as I personally went through the box
- You can subscribe for 3 months, 6 months or buy each of the books, activities, DIY craft ideas or souvenirs individually too. There are very subscription boxes who offer that
- The thought put into each activity as they link something informative about a country to the activity.
What we’d expect:
Most of the activities besides a few are one timers and cannot be utilized repeatedly. So we’d hope for more activities which can be used frequently.
Traveller Kids also left us feeling a little hungry after a full meal. While the kids enjoyed the passport and a few activities it fail to engage them for a longer duration. Facts, figures information is readily available on the internet and is dynamic not giving you a strong enough reason to subscribe
For Ages: 5-11 years
Price: Rs 900 onwards
You could purchase or subscribe to these boxes on their web below:
Delivery time- 2-3 Days
Area of service: Pan India
Visit and like: Facebook
Address: E-162, Kalkaji, New Delhi, 110019