- Out & About
- Search By age
- Parents World
The launch event where kids dressed up as a profession from the book and walked up on stage for a parade was a great idea. Nalini the author read the book out as the kids courageously walked up on the stage while their parents hooted and took pictures.
Shraddha Pimputkar, illustrator & designer creates a beautiful canvas and lends a story to each page with just the right ingredients that children need to know all about a character or a profession.
What we love:
1. Brilliant Illustrations
2. A book with illustrations so close to what our kids will see in the world around them. You will see this when you see a waiter dressed up just the way waiters are dressed up in our country
3. The simple rhymes that use the tools used by the professions
4. No typical gender bias stereotypes: A girl for an astronaut, juggler and life gaurd and a boy for a teacher.
5. The letter hunt (So Funokplease!)
6. The Dumb Charades card game: A tear away card game where you pick a card and enact the profession. Seems like a great game to have in your back pack when you travel.
While it’s a visual treat for the kids we would have loved to see a more integrated approach into learning with more words related to the profession either through words or illustrations that would help build a more robust vocabulary. Aimed at preschoolers Alphabet dress up is sure to lure you with bright colours but it does take the chosen path of using the same props as expected and falls short on giving kids a kickstarter on using their imagination to play the Alphabet Dress Up differently or with the means they have.
Priced at Rs 199
Available: All leading bookstores & book websites across the country.
5 - 8 years, 8+, Handbook, Kids Fashion, Preschoolers, Products & Services, Search By age, Shop
5 - 8 years, 8+, Around Town, Expecting, Indoors, Infant, Out & About, Toddlers
Expecting, Parents, Parents World, Search By age
5 - 8 years, 8+, Parents, Parents World, Search By age
Expecting, Parents, Search By age, STOP PRESS
5 - 8 years, Infant, What's New