Well if colour is what your kids love then this yellow, nutritious thing is got to be on your list of things to make. Try the delicious autumnal soup with pumpkin and almonds
This is my quick recipe to go when nothing seems to be going right. Its simple, easy and can pack in as many veggies as you can. Its also on our recipes list for an ” I feel like eating something Orange today”. What I most love about this one is the ingredient list, all the ingredients are always available in the kitchen.
1 small pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and roughly chopped
1 small onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
50g toasted flaked almonds
50ml single cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 slice of crusty bread, to serve
- Saute the pumpkin, onion, garlic, olive oil, half of the almonds in a large saucepan
- Add water to let it cook completely
- Using a hand blender, puree until smooth. Check the seasoning .
- Add the cream and milk and
- Roughly chop the remaining almonds. Ladle the soup into serving bowls, top with almonds and some extra ground pepper & flaked almonds and serve immediately. Serve with a slice of crusty bread.
Feel free to add in carrots and other veggies that will retain or enhance the orange colour
Image Source: Liliana Hagen