Bollywood's new mommy Kareena Kapoor is back with a bang and how! Everyone is talking about how quickly she has lost her weight gain from the pregnancy period. Well, even before critics started off on their rant, the actress like always has made a smart move and is already well on her way into shedding all those extra kilos she piled up during pregnancy.
In a recent live chat with Facebook, Kareena and her dietician Rujuta Diwekar shed light about Bebo's weight loss and also gave away a few tips for new mommies to get back in shape while building and maintaining a strong body post pregnancy.
Here are a few take-home points from the duo's conversation.
You may also like: Nutritionist Suman Agarwal on post-pregnancy weight loss
1. Have a tall glass of milk every day. Kareena gulps down a big glass of milk every night while watching TV. Dairy is rich in CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), a component which helps to burn fat faster, adds Rujuta.
“One very important thing all women should know is that in one pregnancy, you lose five years of calcium in the body. So getting back into shape also means accelerating the calcium levels in the body", Kareena said.
2. Dark circles are another battle to wage for new moms. However, Rujuta ensures this can be fixed by increasing the intake of Vitamin B12. Foods such as Dahi and til ka laddoos (which happens to be Bebo's favourite), are rich in B12. However, Rujuta also adds that everything must be taken in moderate amounts.
3. Have rice twice a day. Rujuta has included rice twice a day in Bebo's weight loss diet.
“The reason is that eating rice allows you to bring back a lot of the good bacteria that something as strenuous as a delivery may wash out,”
4. One thing that Kareena and Rujuta stressed upon was to refrain from crash diets.
“That is what leads to a lot of lifestyle disorders, such as post pregnancy thyroid. Because when you’re on a crash diet, you reduce the calorie intake so much that your body is forced to slow down its metabolism.”
You may also like: What is your take on the confinement period for new moms?
5. Bebo firmly believes walking is the best way to burn calories. In fact, Karisma who had gained over 26 kilos during her pregnancy lost it all in a year. So, no matter the diet, Kareena swears by exercise and walking tops the list for her any day!
My son, anyway, wants me to hold him and walk all the time. He cries if I sit down with him!"
Watch the full video here.
You may also like: KSP-All-in-one reference for new moms
Image source: hindustantimes.com