Recipe: Protein Packed Breakfast Quesadillas For Your Toddler! (Perfect For Tiffin Box Too!)
It doesn't matter how old or young your kids are, there are days when quick breakfast options are all you can think of - especially when you haven't had time to stock the fridge with much. So I have a list of pantry essentials that I always keep on hand for days like this. The three things that can save my mornings are - wheat tortillas, eggs and grated cheese. To these basics, I add whatever vegetables I have lying - spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, avocado, zucchini etc. So I basically work with whatever I have in the fridge.
You may also like: Grandmoms Recipe ( Ep. 3) | Healthy Vegetarian Breakfast Recipe | Jowar Khichdi
Here's a quick and healthy Breakfast Quesadilla recipe that helps fill all the hungry tummies
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tortillas ( I use whole wheat)
- 1/2 Cup Cheese - grated (Mix of cheddar or mozzarella is great)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Broccoli cut into tiny florets and steamed
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes diced
- 1 Tsp Oil
- A pinch of pepper
- Whisk 2 eggs and salt in a bowl for 30 seconds until combined.
- In a pan, saute the broccoli, red bell pepper and tomatoes for 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once slightly cooled, add the sauteed vegetables to the eggs.
- Grease the pan with 1 Tsp of oil over medium heat. Make sure to use a pan that is at least slightly larger than your tortilla. Pour in the whisked eggs, tilting the pan to spread it evenly across.
- Pour in the whisked eggs, tilting the pan to spread it evenly.
- Let the omelette cook for 30 seconds then gently use your spatula to go along the edges of the omelette, lifting them away from the pan to loosen.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of cheese on top of the omelette. Place one tortilla on top of the egg and cheese and flip it onto a plate
- Slide the omelette, tortilla side-down back into the pan and sprinkle another 2 tbsp of cheese on top of the egg and place another tortilla on top to cover.
- Continue to cook the quesadilla for 1 minute, pressing down lightly with a spatula to help melt the cheese.
- Flip the quesadilla to cook the other side for an additional 30 seconds or until cheese melts and tortilla is golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
You may also like: Your Kids Favourite Snack Now As a Protein Packed Breakfast Recipe
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Soundcloud & Instagram or subscribe to our YoutubeChannel for more information.
26 July, 2017 -
31 July, 2020
8 August, 2017 -
19 October, 2017
18 August, 2017 -
19 January, 2018
25 August, 2017 -
1 December, 2017