Healthy Homemade Cereal For Kids | Indian Recipe
September 5, 2017
Parents of little kids are always on the look out for healthy grain mixes that will be good for their baby. Add to that one that is homemade and easy to prepare and we have a winner. When you step out of the house, having a healthy meal mix to carry with you really helps ease the mind.
You may also like: Grandmom's Recipes I Gol Papdi With Healthy Goond (Edible Gum)
We continue our Grandmom Recipe series this week with a healthy and interesting cereal powder mix that is easy to make at home and extremely nutritious. KSP's favourite grandmom, Jyoti Zaveri tells us how to prepare an Indian healthy and nutritious powder mix that your baby is sure to lap up.
For the cereal mix
- 1 Cup Green Moong Dal
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1 Cup Bajra (Pearl Millet)
To make the cereal
- 1 Tsp Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp Ajwain ( Carom Seeds)
- 1/2 Tsp Hing (Asafoetida Powder)
- 1 Tsp Haldi (Turmeric Powder)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Pepper Powder
- For the cereal mix, grind the rice, moong dal and bajra together. If you're travelling and taking the cereal mix then dry roast it before grinding it into powder.
- When you want to prepare the cereal, for a bowl of cereal add 1 Tbsp of cereal powder to a cup of water and mix. Leave this to soak for at least 10 minutes
- To make the cereal, heat ghee in a kadai. Add ajwain to it and wait for it to crackle.
- Add the hing powder and two cups of water.
- Once the water boils, add haldi, salt and pepper to it.
- Add the soaked cereal powder to the kadai. Any vegetable you want can be pureed and added to this.
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes on low heat and healthy cereal for your baby is ready.
Watch the video to see how to make the homemade healthy cereal.
You may also like: Protein Packed Egg Recipes You Must Try If Your Child Is A Fussy Egg Eater
18 August, 2017 -
19 January, 2018
25 August, 2017 -
1 December, 2017
11 September, 2017 -
20 November, 2017
13 September, 2017 -
26 November, 2017